Replace missing teeth with permanent options like dental implants
Dental implants are titanium posts placed by a dentist to act as a natural tooth root. The abutment over the implant that sits above the gum line is then restored with a bridge, denture, or crown. The dentists of Eco-Friendly Dentistry in Oak Lawn, Illinois, can educate you on the benefits of using dental implants in restoring the smile after tooth loss.
Dental implants are titanium roots, that are replaced with in the jawbone to resemble a tooth or group of teeth. A screw is inserted through the gums and into the jawbone. A porcelain crown is then attached to the screw to become the new tooth or teeth. They can be used to support dental prosthesis including crowns, dentures, and bridges. Today’s treatments are so natural looking, no one will know you had surgery. There’s approximately a 95% success rate for all implants. With modern advances in dentistry, some implants can be restored immediately with life like all porcelain crowns. For more details ask your dentist.
Why should I consider dental implants to replace my missing teeth?
Dental implants are the most appropriate option for replacing missing teeth. They are strong, extremely durable, long-lasting, and look and function just like your natural teeth. With proper care, single tooth implants can last a lifetime.
There are many advantages to using dental implants to replace your missing teeth:
- Dental implants are more permanent – unlike dentures or bridges, which can slip or fall out, dental implants are anchored permanently in your mouth. This means you can eat and drink what you want without worrying about your teeth coming loose.
- Dental implants look and function like natural teeth – because they are securely attached to your jawbone, implants look and feel just like your natural teeth. No one will be able to tell that you have them.
- Dental implants improve oral health – unlike dentures or bridges, other dental restorations used to replace missing teeth, which can trap food and bacteria. Dental implants are clean and easy to care for; this helps to keep your mouth healthy and free of infection.
- Dental implants can help maintain natural bone – other tooth replacement options can result in dental resorption, which is the natural loss of jawbone after a tooth has gone missing. Placing dental implants helps stimulates bone growth around the implant, known as osseointegration. Patients will not experience the loss of bone and facial shape often associated with restorations such as bridges and dentures.
- Dental implants can give you back your self-confidence – if you’re missing teeth, it can be hard to smile or speak confidently. Dental implants restore your smile and help you feel good about yourself again.
Am I a good candidate for dental implants?
If you are considering dental implants to replace your missing teeth, talk to your dentist at Eco-Friendly Dentistry in Oak Lawn, IL, about whether they’re right for you. Dr. Ahmed Mataria, Dr. Suh, and Dr. Santos can evaluate your smile and determine if you are a good fit for this or other dental restorations that replace one or more missing teeth.